- This event has passed.
Summer Concert – Smyrna at Night
June 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Report time: 11:00AM Give yourself extra time on the road. If you get there early, help set up the stage.
- Bring your black music stand. Silver is okay too, but no other colors please.
- Concert is outdoors. Bring plexiglass and clips to anchor music.
- Musician attire: summer
- Black bottoms (no shorts), black shoes (no sneakers), dark socks, blue/gold FSSB shirt
- We perform 12:00-12:45 and have 15 minutes to clear the stage. Please help put away chairs, move percussion equipment, etc.
- Streets will be closed off, so follow these directions:
- The entrance is located at E. South Street.
- On Rt. 13 South, you will pass Willis Ford car lot on your right (Commerce Street will be closed) and then pass the IG Burton car lot on your right, and the next right turn is E. South Street. You will see Atlantic Apothecary on your left after you make the turn.
- Go straight ahead and there’s a small roadway (Dwight Avenue) that will take you to a parking lot to your right. The parking lot has not been paved yet, but it has chipped stone – so you’ll be looking for a parking lot with chipped stone.
- TO PARK AS AN ARTIST IN THE LOT, YOU MUST SHOW THE LOT ATTENDANTS THE ARTIST PASS
- This will be artist parking for all artists using the stage we are assigned to. As you can see from the MAP, the stage is just a few steps away and in the street (Main Street). I don’t know the size of the stage but chairs will be there and we need to get the stage set up and percussion set up.
- Percussion, try to park close to the roadway to offload the timpani and we’ll roll it along the road (so you don’t have to carry them across a stoned parking lot). We’ll be there early to help you.
- Suggest you put your instrument together and leave the case in your car to eliminate items on stage.
Concert Order – TBA
A Patriotic Salute
Abide With Me
Is That All There Is?
The Olympics: A Centennial Celebration
The Lion King: Soundtrack Highlights
Always United, Forever Strong
Armed Forces Salute
The Stars and Stripes Forever